What Does Black Life Issues & Actions Network Do?
- Educates the Black community about the destructive effect abortion has on our families, and about life-giving alternatives to abortion.
- Empowers women, teens and families to overcome the situations that often surround abortion: sexual aggression, violence and abuse; unhealthy relationships; premature sexual involvement and other related issues.
- Engages policymakers to influence laws and public policy that will help women and teens avoid abortion; and that will protect them from unjust and oppressive laws related to abortion.
- Brings healing and restoration to those hurt by an abortion experience, including women who have had abortions, and others who have been involved in some way in another's abortion. More information here.
Programs and Activities
- Urban Faith Column
- Provides resources and referrals to meet the needs of women facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Beautiful™ - a sexual health and personal development program for Black college-aged women.
- Real Talk™ Mentoring - a skill-building and support program to help teen moms avoid repeat unmarried pregnancies.
- Training Workshops covering topics related to abortion in the Black community, including: abstinence, sexual and reproductive health, statistics and research, laws and policies, Christian response to abortion.
How Can I Support Black Life Issues & Action Network?
- Volunteer. E-mail to volunteer. We would love to have you.
- Mentor a teen mom in the Real Talk™ mentoring program
- Share your testimony of healing from an abortion with other women who need help
- Give. We need your financial support to continue providing help and resources to teens, women, and families who have been affected by abortion, and to educate others. Click here to give any tax-deductible amount.
- Tell others. Sign up to receive the Black Life Issues & Action Network E-mail newsletter with information about our activities, current legislative and policy updates, and stories of clients who have been helped by our work. Pass your newsletter on to family and friends so they can stay informed, too!